Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Maryland Blizzard. Actually, TWO Maryland Blizzards.






People are calling it "February Fury", "Snopocolypse", "Snowmageddon", and most certainly, a "record breaking winter" here in Maryland. Basically, the whole area has been shut down for about a week, during which two "blizzards" have come blowing through. Now, if you ask me what I think, I straighten my shoulders a little and start talking all about how I'm a Colorado girl and this is no big deal. But, I also unashamedly am taking advantage of all these snow days!


We've walked, talked, played games, shoveled, watched movies, read books, and shoveled some more. I've cooked, baked, organized random closets, caught up on emails, finished many of the projects I've been avoiding, and only felt stir crazy a few times. Today I got out the camera to document some of this unusual experience.



dried winter flower pokey things:

very cool. love the birdhouse next door.

Fuel for the day - homemade juicer-pulp muffins. Not bad actually.

I don't think the bald look is a good one for me. :)

What about the windblown look?

He worked so hard - he shoveled for hours

I think he's REALLY handsome. :)
The road less travelled...

The road (sidewalk) slightly more travelled...
sunshine streaming in my kitchen windows - makes me forget all about the snow

I got a labelmaker the other day - and am driving Troy nuts by labeling everything in sight!


my recent/current books:

I got more sunshine today than in the entire month of January.

So, here we are, with another cozy night ahead of us. Tacos are on the menu, and a PBS special (laugh if you want) will be on TV. Did I mention that I LOVE snow?!

1 comment: