Friday, January 16, 2009

writing and driving at the same time

I'm cooking up some material for a new blog post. And of course, my most brilliant thoughts came as I was driving 70mph down the highway this morning. I told myself" What's a girl to do? I can't possibly sacrifice these thoughts to my horrible memory. I must document them immediately!" So, in all safety and wise drivingness, I grabbed a pen and notebook out of my bag, set the book on my lap, and started writing furiously. I'd love to say that my eyes didn't leave the road for even a millisecond....
So, here I am with a page full of barely discernable scribbles and leftover adrenaline pumping through my veins from the near accidents I encountered. I have to ask myself "Self, is blogging really worth all of this?" And I answer back "Yes it is. Yes indeed."
Love to you all. I'll sacrifice my safety for you any day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment